Case Study - Corporate seminar and hospitality – Keble College Oxford
When; September 2011
A multinational law firm required a dual function marquee for hosting a seminar during the day, a transition to evening entertainment for their delegates, before switching back for a closing seminar session.
The client approached Meridian looking for someone who could not only meet the above requirement, but could work to a very restricted timescale laid down by the venue to achieve the build and de rig alongside other contractors. The window for the event was 10am on the Friday until 12 noon on the Sunday, with the client wanting the marquee from 9am on the Saturday until mid morning on the Sunday!
In discussion with the client, it became apparent that a joint build involving Visions to deliver all the AV and associated lighting would meet the above criteria, and fulfil the colleges need for their lawn to be clear for a function at the Chapel Sunday afternoon. Once the client understood the joint capacity of the Meridian / Visions relationship they became much more confident it could be achieved.
- Site visits to establish the access to the lawn, availability of power, water and staff facilities available on site to achieve such an ambitious programme.
- Liaising with the college events team regarding actual timescale available to build and de rig.
- Meridian and Visions designed a suitable sized marquee and internal layout that would provide the flexibility required by the client.
- By working together, primary power, sound and lighting cabling could be installed, and certain linings double hung to speed up the evening transition. A reveal was used to hide the stage, and false gables used to conceal storage of some 200 chairs.
- Visions engineers together with Meridian operatives were on site ready for conclusion of the Saturday conference, to transform the marquee into a `night club’ for an evening disco with the introduction of a dance floor and casual seating.
- The following morning the auditorium style seating, stage and AV were re-introduced for the closing session.
- Once the delegates had left site, Meridian and Visions worked together to remove the marquee and all its contents in time for a Christening ceremony to take place in the adjacent chapel.
The finished product was considered outstanding; the event caterer was impressed and commented the finish looked `very feminine’.
The client wrote `you are a star’ she was so pleased with the marquee.