Case Study - Charity lunch – Private garden
When; July 2011
A charity board member hosting a luncheon party for benefactors wanted the attendees to enjoy their garden with a completely clear structure.
A regular client of Meridian and Visions, approached us with a brief for a marquee to incorporate a traditional English garden in full bloom, as part of a fund raising luncheon and corporate presentation. The structure therefore needed to be closed to protect the AV and electronics from any passing shower, without detracting from the herbaceous borders!
In discussion with the client, it became apparent that a joint build involving Visions to deliver all the AV and associated lighting would meet the above criteria, and fulfil the colleges need for their lawn to be clear for a function at the Chapel Sunday afternoon. Once the client understood the joint capacity of the Meridian / Visions relationship they became much more confident it could be achieved.
- Site visit to establish the access to the lawn, availability of power, and dimensions to maximise the space available to work in, without intruding into the flower borders or damaging specimen plants and features.
- We were able to offer our 12.5m span marquee will all clear PVC side and roof panels.
- With the marquee enjoying 5m bays, a minimal amount of framework would give maximum exposure to the scenery utilising full panoramic window walls.
- As the event was day time and mid-summer, we needed to minimise heat and humidity issues with solar gain on the structure.
- Visions engineers together with Meridian operatives were on site ready for conclusion of the Saturday conference, to transform the marquee into a `night club’ for an evening disco with the introduction of a dance floor and casual seating.
- The decision was made to butt the structure to the rear of the house without the gable end framework and PVC.
- The centre 2.5m window aperture at the opposite end was left open, allowing an air flow to establish, exhausting warmed air, by normal convection.
The client was full of praise for the delivery and standard of the marquee and facilities, stating they would have no hesitation using us again when they hosted an event within the UK. The college were likewise complimentary for the professionalism shown in meeting their aggressive timetable.